Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wii Would Like To Play

"Hey, I want to play!"

A friend brought over his Nintendo Wii the other day, and as a group of friends explored the magic of Wii we learned that there IS such a thing as a video game injury. By the end of the evening, one guy had strained his bicep on Wii Baseball (that's why you shouldn't throw a curve without proper instruction!), and I nearly didn't make it through Wii Boxing. Apparently you don't have to punch full strength to make the game work (something they could have told me before I nearly collapsed in a puddle of sweat and tears). Devoted Wife is convinced that after knocking out the avatar of an eight-year-old that she's ready for Mike Tyson. Who am I to argue?


Devoted Wife working her jabs and uppercuts

We tried to let Kate take a crack at the Wii, but the only thing she wanted to do with the controller was eat it. If there's one thing our daughter can do well, its EAT! At a single sitting she can polish off a couple of strings of string cheese, a pear, a piece of white bread, a large handful of Cheerios and a carton of yogurt, and chase it down with a cup of juice. If she keeps this up, we might bypass the Olympics and just have her challenge Kobayashi to a Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest.

But then again, I did see some eerie similarities while watching Olympic coverage:



Kate is becoming quite the little fish, and absolutely loves the water. What she may not love quite so much is my habit of counting to three and then ducking both of us under the water. I guess I'm convinced that this is helping her become accustomed to having her face in the water, which seems to be an obvious pre-requisite to winning an Olympic gold medal in swimming. She used to sputter and gasp, but now she just spits the water back out of her mouth and looks at me with a rather annoyed look on her face. That's progress, right?



"Wanna Race?"


"But how do you know Michael Phelps has a girlfriend?"

1 comment:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

We played that game and had a blast. HeRoos and I tied so it went to "decision" and they(whovever that is) didn't want a man's ego to be bruised so they awarded him the winner.
p.s. Thanks for letting us visit!