Like most of you, I depend on my health care professionals to act in my best interest and to guide me into the correct medical treatment. After all, they've had extensive medical treatment, years of clinical experience and are even bound by the Hippocratic Oath (which sounds very important). My medical knowledge, on the other hand, comes primarily from a few episodes of ER, House and Scrubs (ok, and even Grey's Anatomy). Therefore, I try to follow my doctor's and pharmacist's guidance and recommendations, and I don't attempt to substitute my medical judgment (however keen) for theirs.So when Devoted Wife visited her doctor last week and brought home a medication he had prescribed, I didn't question the judgment of her doctor or pharmacist. I admit that at first the usage directions didn't intuitively make sense to me. But I was comforted by the fact that the pharmacist included an informational brochure with the prescription which listed the name of the medication, the directions for administration, important notes about the drug, its uses and a lengthy list of possible side effects. And her pharmacist even included a photo of himself along with the informational brochure (that's got to be him, right?). How could you not trust Denny? He has a very trustworthy face.
So I insisted that Devoted Wife follow the usage instructions listed in the brochure carefully, despite the fact that they seemed a bit odd. I've included the relevant portion below:
Those of you who are familiar with the Jolivette tablet might understand why the "Direction" initially struck me as being odd, but hey, I'm no doctor. But it did make me wonder what her Doctor thought we'd been up to . . .
Anyway, after several days of this prescription, Devoted Wife is having a little trouble hearing out of her right ear (and she has to keep her head cocked to the left to keep the tablets from falling out), but the tablets seem to be doing the trick!
Anyway, after several days of this prescription, Devoted Wife is having a little trouble hearing out of her right ear (and she has to keep her head cocked to the left to keep the tablets from falling out), but the tablets seem to be doing the trick!

5 comments:
That's crazy! I guess I wouldn't trust him now =)
I can barely type I'm laughing so hard. Seriously what is your DW telling your doctor?
I think the tablet would be more effective if DW kept it pinched between her knees instead of putting it in her ear!
Hey! This is random, but I am Jamie's mission companion. I'm her FAVORITE mission companion - Sorella Allen and I'm trying to send a Christmas card to y'all. what's your address.
By the way, your blog is hysterical and tell Jamie that Kate is beautiful
Hey guys, just snooping on your blog! I love that prescription...ps. that medication is only effective as long as Jamie is breast feeding, something my healthcare provider neglected to tell me. I still have a present I finally removed out of the trunk of my car for your child.... talk about procrastination
Post a Comment