Monday, September 29, 2008

More pics of . . . who else?

"Hey, Pops, just wanted to remind you that my birthday is coming up on October 8. If I could make one recommendation: TUPPERWARE."

Kate continues to entertain us with just about everything she does. Of course, that may be more of a commentary on how easily we are entertained. She's a pretty typical almost-one-year-old. However, she seems to display a slightly more than normal awareness of cameras, and loves to pose for photos.


She also likes to look at the back of the camera after we take the pictures to see what she looks like -- I still can't tell if she knows its herself she's looking at, or whether its just the fact that we're smiling and fussing over her that she enjoys. Either way, she really digs the attention.

After several weeks of having to constantly put everthing in the kitchen back into the cabinets, I finally got child locks installed on our lower cabinets. This was a typical day's work for Kate (multiply this by about 4 times):


Finally, in the "what the #@!!" department, here's what I removed from our vacuum cleaner rotor the other day:

Devoted Wife informed me that it wasn't working very well, and I soon found out why. Its hard for the motor to turn the brush rotor when its bound up with 20 lbs. of hair (the Sharpie is there just for size perspective).

Forensic tests confirmed that this hair was not mine.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow time flies when you see pictures of other people's kids. I'm glad Ben isn't the only child obsessed with kitchenware. I'll confess when I need a break I open a cupboard up and let him go wild =)

Lisa said...

We experienced the same thing. That's what happens after you have a baby, all of your hair falls out. Our shower clogged up too. It eventually stops.