Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkins, Halloween and Elections!

I'm weeks behind in posting and have a lot to catch up on. So until I have the time to go through my photos of pumpkin patches and trunk- and trick-or-treating, I'll just show you what I found yesterday when I arrived at my polling place at 6:45 am:

Huge voter turnout here in Southern California. But while I was surprised there was already a line I was happy to wait to cast my vote.

And while I didn't vote for President-elect Obama, his election is truly a historic moment for our country. His election says a lot for how far we've come as a nation, and I couldn't help but feel inspired during his address last night.

Here's hoping he lives up to the hype.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you to wait in line to vote! It was a historic election I guess we'll see how things go these next 4 years! By the way tell Jaime she's out of the dog house thanks for adding me as a friend!! Finally!!! Just kidding. Oh and the kids they do grow up way to fast, it's scary.

k8 said...

you know my favorite thing about this election? that people seem genuinely willing to give our new President a chance-even if they didn't vote for him. I think that's pretty awesome.