Last week we took Kate to our church's Trunk-or-Treat activity. It started right about Kate's bedtime, but since I was helping to organize the party Devoted Wife brought her along. Devoted Wife had fired the first shot in the college indoctrination game and had dressed Kate as a University of Utah cheerleader. At first I tried to protest, but given that I hadn't had to struggle with Kate all day and get her into a costume when she was tired and cranky (Kate, that is), I decided to let that one go and just concentrate on making sure that none of the kids ran into the DJ booth. Speaking of the music, did you know that most kids under the age of 18 have never heard "Thriller"? Shocking.
Kate obviously didn't know what a cheerleader was, or that she was supporting the dastardly Utes (whose Top 10 football team did win tonight for the tenth time this year, an impressive feat I must admit, which actually kept my Cougars' hopes alive for a share of the conference championship). The only thing that meant anything to Kate was that people were giving away free stuff and she wanted to be involved. Actually, she didn't even take any candy, she just liked walking up to our neighbors' houses, knocking on the doors and getting a lot of attention.
It might have been the first time I saw four adults (Devoted Wife's parents joined us for Halloween night) taking one child trick-or-treating.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
this is tooooo cute! Although, you don't have to worry who Kate's allegiances are with just yet. Wait until she chooses to be a Ute cheerleader, then worry.
How cute your little family is! I found you through Halverson's, well She-roo's blog. So good to see you!
Ericka
She's so freaking cute.
Rich and Jaime, Kate is so grown up! She looks so big walking around in her cheerleader uniform! Walking!? She is a full on toddler now isn't she? She is so beautiful you guys....I am sad that we missed a chance to see her when you guys were here, but we did have such a great time seeing you two! Thanks for meeting us, and squeezing us into your busy trip!
Love the blog Title Picture! Perfect. :)
i love the costume...however, i am disappointed it is not an SUU one! they were probably sold out. can't wait to see you guys in 6 months:) brooke
Hey lady, long years no see!!! Your baby is so adorable. I am glad I found your blog.
I am LOVING Kate's costume! GREAT! you couldn't have chosen better Jaime....lovin' it! Kate is getting so big and so dang cute!
Post a Comment