Tuesday, January 20, 2009
All you ever give me is static!
Kate's hair has become a static nightmare. Its getting a bit longer than before and it now utterly refuses to behave. We try to plaster it over to one side and stick a clip in it, but she refuses to wear the clip and pulls it out, and ends up looking like a little boy with an old-man come-over hairdo. At Costco the other day the "cute little boy" comments outnumbered the "cute little girl" comments 3 to 1. Of course, she did have a blue shirt on . . .
If we don't plaster her hair down to her head, the static just grabs it and sends it skyward.
I decided on Sunday that I'd had enough of the static, so I grabbed a fabric softener dryer sheet and tried rubbing it on her head. That didn't seem to work, so I held the dryer sheet to her head and wet it down with a spray bottle. Then I rubbed it on her head again.
Voila! Problem solved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Clever idea! I should try that trick with Ben. He definitely has the old man comb-over look going on.
Very good idea! I had better luck making a little pony tail for Sydney using the tiny elastics - she usually left those in. Good luck!
I am going to have to try it.....
Miss you guys.
Post a Comment