Kate successfully navigated her way through her first year and earned the opportunity to destroy her very own cake. Devoted Wife and I went all out and made her a cupcake on her actual birthday (Wednesday) and then we flew to Utah the next day to visit my family and attend my college homecoming weekend. On Thursday evening with many of my brothers and sisters in town visiting, we had a little birthday party for Kate and let her dig into her first birthday cake. We normally keep our daughter clothed during the day, but when there's chocolate icing involved we apparently make an exception:
The way Kate normally attacks food I think we were lucky that it was pretty late in the evening when we gave her the cake and that she was a little tired. When we gave her the cupcake the night before, she had a sizeable piece shoved up her nose within 15 seconds, and looked like she was willing to fight me when I tried to take a piece from her.
I couldn't help thinking back to a year before when I first started this blog and wrote about the day Kate joined our life. I still remember what a perfect day that was.
4 comments:
I can't believe the difference between boys and girls. What a dainty little girl. our boys are always covered in a few bites! She is getting so big I can't believe she is only a month older then Caden!
Happy Birthday cute girl!
Happy Birthday Kate! I like the fact that she is more interested in Grandma's plate, than her own!
What a cutie! How fun to celebrate w/ Grandma Madsen & some of the Bensons!
Post a Comment