Monday, October 8, 2007

This is a perfect day

She's here. We can't believe it! All 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20.5 inches of her. And she's absolutely beautiful!

When Devoted Wife gets something in her mind, I don't stand in her way. I'll spare you the numerical and physiological details, but she progressed very rapidly once she started the contraction process, and within minutes of me returning from the hospital lobby where I had escaped to get wireless internet so I could update this blog (see "It's Go Time! below), the nurse was saying, "Well, you're about to have this baby!" At 4:22, Devoted Wife grit her teeth for the final time and with a tremendous push, our little Unborn Kate became simply "Kate".

Kate is healthy, gorgeous and has a great personality (much like her mother). Devoted Wife was amazing and showed grit and fortitude during labor that made me proud.

Later tonight, once they kick me out of the hospital, I'll post a few more photos taken with my real camera (the pic attached here was taken with my cell phone about 4 minutes after Kate was born!) , and perhaps add my rant about a term I learned here in this hospital: "semi-private rooms." Apparently, here the prefix "semi" actually means "not in any way whatsoever".
But such a rant might tarnish this otherwise perfect day. So I'll probably just go to sleep and try not to dream of the day Kate gets married.

More to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

awww, so sweet. I'm so happy Kate is here and everyone is doing well.
SheRoos