I remember my mother's nickname for me and my friend Corey when we were in about fourth or fifth grade: lunchmouths. We earned this title when we'd stop at my house after school and polish off a loaf of bread and most of a gallon of milk. Kate apparently takes after her pop in this department.
I hear about a lot of parents who struggle with the fact that their children are incredibly picky eaters. Some, for example, can't get their children to eat anything but macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets. We have the opposite situation with Kate. She wants to eat EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter if she's just eaten the largest meal of her young life and can't possibly still be hungry; she needs only to see one of her parents eating something and she MUST have it.
Taste doesn't seem to be a problem. In the last several weeks, I've given her (at her insistence) all of the following foods and beverages:
- mushrooms
- root beer
- garlic-seasoned naan bread
- baked eggplant
- spicy hummus
- salsa (medium spicy!)
- guacamole
- raw tomatoes
The other day after she scarfed down a large lunch (she seriously eats like an adult sometimes), Devoted Wife found her in the kitchen, standing in front of the open bread drawer. She had a french roll in each hand and was alternating bites out of each. Typical.
Last week the company where I work had a holiday party for the children of staff members. We took Kate, but she wasn't interested in waiting around to see Santa. She just wanted the corn dogs and cupcakes they were serving. Luckily we were able to get some food in her before she started "asking" for it.
At this rate, I'm just hoping she doesn't eat her little brother when he's born in a few months.
5 comments:
Sydney & Kate would get along great with what they like to eat. After Spencer being so picky, Sydney is the exact opposite. Some of her favorites are fish, couscous & avocado.
that child seriously has the most lovely little face.
Baby Kate's dress for Rich's Christmas party is adorable! She is always lookng so stylish! I'm sure her momma is to thank for that...I Can't wait to see her!
Should I be offended that you didn't post the family picture I took?! :)
Love that she is such a good eater. Maybe she'll rub off on Caleb, since he DID imprint on her...
Cynthia, I just figured out from googling "imprinting" that your talking about some Twilight book werewolf concept. And here I was thinking you were referring to some process that takes place when baby chicks hatch and think the first thing they see is their mother . . .
Post a Comment