Kate has reached that magical moment in life where she wants to mimic everything she sees her parents do or hears them say.
That can be great fun, as in:
Dad: "Kate, can you growl like a lion like this?" <Dad demonstrates>
Kate: "RRRAAAGGGHHH!!!"
Dad: "Great job!!"
It can also be very dangerous, as in:
Dad: "Oh $*#@^%, who left the tricycle in the driveway???"
Kate: "Oh $*#@^%??"
Dad: <whispering while stifling a laugh> "Did she seriously say $*#@^%??"
She watches with great interest when Jaime and I kiss goodbye when I leave for work in the morning. She then likes to give each of us a big, wet kiss (sometimes we get more than we bargained for). That's cute, too, until she goes and tries it out on her peers. I'm convinced that there's funny business going on when she gets together with her friend Cade (who's one day older than her -- I've told Kate to beware of older boys). Cade's parents watched Kate while Jaime and I went to a movie last weekend, and when we picked Kate up afterward Cade's mom reported that they were playing together in the bedroom when she decided it was time for the kids to eat dinner. She told us that she turned out the light so the kids would leave the bedroom, but that Kate and Cade stayed put. Surprised? What kind of shenanagins were going on there -- put the kids together in the bedroom and turn out the lights? Might as well have taught them how to play "Seven Minutes in the Closet"!
No comments:
Post a Comment