On Saturday we tackled our vegetable garden project. I put Kate to work with the shovel, clearing the mass of roots that hid just below the surface of the dirt in our raised flower bed. However, because those roots go to the vine that covers the cinderblock wall around our backyard, I'm sure we'll lose a large section of the vine now. Guess that's the tradeoff for having fresh vegetables.
After several hours of fighting the vine roots I planted the tomatoes, squash, red peppers and strawberries that Jaime had picked out. She added some herbs and sweet onions too. At the end of our adventure I took a self-prescribed cocktail of ibuprofen, naproxen sodium and chips and salsa. Hopefully in several months we'll have plenty of fresh vegetables and my back will have regained its proper alignment.
Here's Kate's recent effort imitating animals:
I think we're ready for Easter.
1 comment:
She is too stinking cute. Love her so much. Can't wait to see you guys again.
Love,
Court and RJ
Post a Comment