Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Spoken Word

The other day, a co-worker asked me what Baby Kate's first word was. I proceeded to tell her (without any real facts or knowledge to back up my assertions) that 6 months was simply too young for a baby to say real words.

Turns out I was wrong.

The next day, Devoted Wife, the furniture store sales clerk and I clearly heard Kate say this sentence: "Daddy, aga gagl kak." I'm sure the last part means something in a language I just don't understand (perhaps cherubic?). Devoted Wife claims not to have heard the "Daddy" portion, but the sales clerk and I exchanged knowing glances that Baby Kate had just immortalized her father by saying "Daddy" for her first word in English. The clerk and I were so proud!

This morning she repeated her talkative ways:



And after Devoted Wife finished her run and I had worked out, we decided to let Baby Kate take a turn in the Overstimulator for a little exercise herself:


3 comments:

Layton family said...

I must say this isn't your average blog. Rich I just realized you have sufficient spare time on your hands, so you have no excuse to miss any of the softball games this year. Your new nickname "Blog Man."
Todd

Kim said...

Well Blog Man, I have to say your little girl is super cute!! I'm sure that her first word is dada not because the sound is generally the first in most cultures but because you are her fave;)

LA said...

Bennie-

Nice blog, pops

The overstimulator is exactly that, somewhere to park junior to keep him/her out of trouble.