I remember being astounded at gas prices when I arrived in England in 1991. With the exchange rate, "petrol" was in the neighborhood of $4 a gallon, nearly four times what it cost at the time back in my hometown in northern Utah. I, of course, thought this price was outrageous. However, given that I rode a bicycle or took the bus for my first nine months in England, my outrage was largely academic. When I started driving, my little Vauxhall Nova got decent gas mileage; however, any fuel economy savings from the small-but-efficient 4-cyl. engine was certainly more than eliminated by my aggressive Euro-inspired rally car driving style.
Now that prices seem poised to crest the unthinkable $4/gallon mark, I'm trying to think of ways to limit my commuting fuel consumption and save a few dollars. I think Devoted Wife agrees with the concept, although I'm not sure we're exactly eye to eye on how best to execute the plan.
My idea:

Devoted Wife's idea:
Maybe we could just attach some pedals to Baby Kate's new ride:

3 comments:
I'm going to have to side with YOU on this one. There is nothing like the wind whipping through my hair as my legs covered in black leather are straddled around a shiny motorcycle. I think HeRoos should reconsider his transportation.
i bought a bike this week. not THAT kind of bike but one that doesn't eat RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE GAS.
Do they make family Motorcyles that all can ride at the same time?? If so we could maintain our sexy bad boy/ girl image with the baby bonus. What a way to promote family unity!! I loved the pic of Kate in her tennis dress. She does look as though she has alot of potential in tennis. Love,SheeRoos Mom
Post a Comment