Friday, April 11, 2008

Family Resemblance - Part II



Devoted Wife and others keep telling me how much they think Baby Kate looks like me. Regardless of whether or not this is a good thing for her ("She should be so lucky," I hear you saying), I'm a little intrigued with whether it is actually true. So I tried using some of the latest facial recognition software available to get an objective, science-based answer. I've heard that this software is what Homeland Security uses, so it must be good stuff.

Hmmnn, 12% more like me... That's certainly not overwhelming. If I'm reading the computer printout above accurately (see the little meters above our names that show our resemblance levels?), I'm not sure this says she really looks that much like either of us. I think this report essentially says that she looks more like me than she looks like an Oldsmobile.

Here's how I see things:

Eyes: Baby Kate = very blue; Rookie Dad = brown

Hair: Baby Kate = not much to speak of; Rookie Dad = brown and thick

Physical Build: Baby Kate = long and lean; Rookie Dad = let's just say "compact"

Legs: Baby Kate: long and powerful (try taking a kick in the ribs from her); Rookie Dad = compact and powerful

The comparison isn't compelling so far. But . . .

Hairline: Baby Kate = high and a little like Eddie Munster's; Rookie Dad = high, and like Eddie Munster's when its shaved short

Smile: Baby Kate = toothless, but a little like the Joker (the Jack Nicholson version); Rookie Dad = more teeth, and even more like the Joker

And perhaps the strongest argument in support of Devoted Wife's position are the pictures I posted about a month after Kate was born. Those are tough to dispute, I admit. So while the jury is still out on this one, I'm pretty sure I'll never need a paternity test other than looking in the mirror to know that she's mine.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I don't know about that face recognition thing! I did it and it came up with Eddie Murphy for me. Can you see the resemblence? I can't wait to meet Kate someday. She's beautiful!!

M.E. said...

Rich you are cracking me up. Your blog is so funny.

Coulio said...

Why haven't I been reading this all along? It's giving me such a good laugh at 1:40 in the morning as I cyber spy on my friends. The 16 mustaches at the Chinese joint killed me!