Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sprinkle Sprinkle, and Babywatch 2009

Kate's been taking advantage of the warm weather we've been having to spend a little time in the backyard playing in the water:




(Apologies to those like me who can't view You Tube videos at work, but I wanted to post the video somewhere else so I'd use up less storage space on my blog.)

So maybe she's not a natural in the water like I'd hoped . . .


BABYWATCH 2009 UPDATE:

Barring Jaime going into labor earlier, Baby Boy Benson is scheduled to be delivered next Monday, April 6.

That means he'd share a birthday with these notables:

April 6, 1483 -- Italian painter Raphael
April 6, 1866 -- Butch Cassidy, American outlaw (and distant cousin of mine)
April 6, 1928 -- James D. Watson, chemist, co-discovered structure of DNA
April 6, 1937 -- Billy Dee Williams, American actor (Lando in Star Wars!) and overall King of Smooth
April 6, 1945 -- Bob Marley, reggae giant
April 6, 1947 -- John Ratzenberger, American actor (Cliff Clavin from Cheers)
April 6, 1969 -- Bret Boone, all-star MLB second baseman
April 6, 1973 -- Donnie Edwards, UCLA & NFL linebacker

A longer list of April 6 birthdays is here, but I highlighted most of the really important ones. You might dispute my decision to include Ratzenberger but leave off Jason Hervey, the guy who played big brother "Wayne" on the Wonder Years (born April 6, 1972), or Johnny Dee, drummer for heavy metal band Britny Fox (born April 6, 1964), etc., but that's your right. Leave any complaints with the management.

He'll also apparently have the Aries Zodiac sign and be born during the Chinese Year of the Pig, like his dad. I like to call it the Year of the Boar . . .

We'll post updates and pictures as they're available. I'll take the laptop to the hospital again but I can't promise a real-time update.

2 comments:

HMichaelsen said...

That's a good day to be born on! Good luck!

C.love said...

Yay for the year of the boar! A little about us...we are chivalrous, gallant, sincere, and loyal to our loved ones! Can't wait to meet my new fellow little piggy!