Saturday, November 17, 2007

Jerusalem, City of Peace


I was looking through some old photos tonight, searching for a photo of a friend who was part of the same university group studying abroad in Jerusalem years ago, and I came upon what are probably my favorite two photos of children that I took while there.

The photo of the little boy was taken outside a synagogue in Me'a Shearim, the Haredi section of west Jerusalem, on the night of Simchat Torah. I took the photo of the little Palestinian girl near a small shop where our tour bus stopped somewhere north of Jerusalem. While the resolution of the photos isn't great (I shot them with film, and scanned them in on relatively low quality), I really like the looks on the children's faces.

Since I took these in 1994, I'm assuming that these children are in their late teens now. There's no way of knowing if they are still living in or near Jerusalem or how they would feel about one another if they happened to meet one day. But I like to hope that they would be friends.

1 comment:

k8 said...

i'll bet they would want to be friend RD.

i hope their lives are somewhat peaceful.