One side is the model of sugar and spice and everything nice. Here are a couple of recent photos of her demonstrating her angelic side.


But sometimes, another side of her takes control, and this other side is neither cute nor angelic. In fact, it can be so demonic that we go to great lengths to keep it hidden from view.
The other day, Grandma and Grandpa came by to see Baby Kate and offered to watch her for a while so Devoted Wife and I could run a few errands. Grandpa was particularly excited to spend some time with Baby Kate, as he hadn't had many opportunities to see and hold her yet.
We were just about to walk out the door when we heard a series of sounds that started with Kate grunting and ended with a splatter on the floor. There may have been an expletive or two from me and/or Devoted Wife mixed in there somewhere as well. This was Baby Kate's "other side" exerting itself once again.
Somehow she managed to get her mess all over Grandpa Stan without getting any on her own clothes -- she apparently waited until she was wearing an outfit that has a separate top and bottom.
That's why we usually keep this "other side" securely covered with a diaper. But sometimes Kate takes advantage of her advanced knowledge of geometry and angles and sneaks one past us.
For the record, I had to be told multiple times by Devoted Wife to get the camera when this happened. I admit it, I froze, not being sure that this was something I really wanted to memorialize. But I'm sure Kate will love these photos one day, right?
1 comment:
That's pretty gross...I'm so glad you have immortalized it so you can pull out these pics at very opportunistic moments in the future.
Post a Comment