Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Turkey Day to all of you who, like me, indulged in two full days of consuming mass amounts of calories (I had turkey sandwiches for all three meals yesterday). Props to Devoted Wife's mother Mary, who sets a mean table and who cooked an absolutely delicious turkey on Thanksgiving. Who would ever have known that her previous attempts have turned out either blackened or as dry as sand (as reported by Devoted Wife and her siblings)? The key this year was apparently the "brined" turkey. Based on the results, I'd say that those sea turkeys are far more delicious than their land-living brethren.

I could have taken a few pics of the delicious turkey (or even the delicious andouille-sausage- and-cornbread stuffing made by yours truly), but it turns out that once I got near the Thanksgiving spread my hands started shaking too much to hold the camera. You'll have to content yourselves with a few pics of Baby Kate from Thursday:




Apparently Grandpa Stan holds no grudges against Baby Kate for what she did to him last week (see below).

As for today, well, I have only one thing on my agenda, and its not Christmas shopping at Macy's:


This is one game where I put away all notions of sportsmanship. The best thing about this game is that when the Cougars win, I also get to see the Utes lose! And while Devoted Wife has learned to cheer for BYU when watching games with me during the rest of the year, when it comes to the BYU-Utah game her true allegiances come out (and I'm not talking about Southern Utah University). She has a master's degree from the "U" and will be occupying the seat on the couch next to me, proudly cheering loudly for those stinkin' Yewts! At least she doesn't know the "Utah Man" song . . .

COUGARS BY FIVE!!!

No comments: